Fight Tips » General » General Discussion » Ten Most Dangerous Martial Arts

Notices

Ten Most Dangerous Martial Arts

General Discussion

A free for all category. Anything's okay here.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
All Hype

Expertise Given: 8
Expertise Earned: 2
Fighting Style: Street fighting, I may join Boxing or Silat though
Fight Record: 5-1-0
Zenny: 1,172

Default Ten Most Dangerous Martial Arts

''Most dangerous'' can be argued as it all depends on your size and strength and on so don't flame it cause as I said is ''arguable''

With Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fights and demonstrations slowly becoming a worldwide phenomenon, many have traveled the world to seek out the best martial arts and master the techniques. Military and police forces all around the world combine martial arts techniques from different fields to be used during hand-to-hand combat and as part of arrest and self-defense methods. Martial arts vary in scope and variety; some prioritize striking movements, grappling maneuvers, with weapons or a combination of all three. While they vary from one another, they all share the same similarity; when used correctly and with force, martial arts are deadly. To pick a list of deadliest or strongest martial arts is a subjective matter; debates have arisen from the topic, many vouching for one martial arts technique over another and vice versa. We explore some of the more dangerous forms of martial arts practiced by its practitioners:

Kalarippayattu

One of the oldest forms of martial arts in existence, Kalarippayattu originated from Kerala, in South India. Practitioners seek to instill a high level of intellect and spirituality by utilizing mantra shastra and tantra shastra. A skilled Kalarippayattu practitioner who has achieved that high level of spirituality is not only well-versed in striking, grappling and different weaponry skills but has the ability to sense movements from the opponent and defend before even being attacked. By developing psychic-like senses and agile movements, Kalarippayattu is quickly making a comeback in the modern era after being portrayed in a positive light in famous movies

Taekwondo

Originated in Korea and the national sport of South Korea, Taekwondo loosely means “the way of the foot and the fist”. With over 70 million practitioners and over 4 million black belt holders worldwide, taekwondo was included in the Summer Olympic Games in Sydney in 2000. Taekwondo is famous for its high impact kicks, with rationale being kicks having a much longer reach than punching and if executed swiftly, is considered the strongest weapon for a martial artist.

Karate

Literally meaning hand, karate is a full contact martial art originating from Okinawa in Japan that incorporates striking, grappling and locks to takedown an opponent. Practitioners of karate are called karatekas and they number as much as 23 million worldwide. Made famous by the film The Karate Kid starring Pat Morita as a karate master, karate is highly deadly martial art technique with current MMA world champions practicing karate as their main striking ability.

Sambo

Originated in the Russian Federation in 1938, Sambo is a grappling martial art with origins in Judo and other Eastern European wrestling techniques. Sambo differs from other martial arts with its different ranking system. Instead of colored belts, Sambo practitioners are awarded ratings such as Master of Sports and International of Sports. A special technique of Sambo called Combat Sambo is extensively used by military and Special Forces worldwide to neutralize enemies in a close combat situation. With its strong grappling techniques, Sambo practitioners can takedown opponents and maim a part of their body with a lock in a matter of mere seconds.

Krav Maga

Literally meaning “hand to hand combat” and developed as a form of street fighting in Israel, Krav Maga has become one of the fastest growing martial arts around the globe currently. Krav Maga focuses more on threat defense instead of offensive attacks, making it ultimately practical and useful in the current global context. Different variations of Krav Maga are used in military forces around the world and in Special Forces like Israel’s Mossad, FBI and the British SAS.

Wing Chun

Specializing in close combat, Wing Chun practitioners are taught to be efficient, practical and quick on their feet. Believing the use of the least amount of force is the best way in battle, Wing Chun practitioners seek out the quickest way to take down an opponent through unique striking abilities, aiming blows at the throat, shin and sweeping opponents off the ground quickly with kicks. Wing Chun practitioners also have the ability to chain attacks, making their attacks deadly if not blocked and stopped prematurely.

Kali
Kali, Escrima and Arnis are all essentially the same martial art, all originating from different areas of the Philippines. All of these utilise weapons such as sticks, knives, and swords. The typical Kali/Escrima weapon is the Escrima sticks. Techniques without weapons also taught include kicking, striking and grappling.Kali was originally used as a method of fighting off the invading Spanish. Kali is now widely practiced both in the Philippines and abroad, little more information popularised by: Dan Inosanto, Escrima Master and friend and student of Bruce Lee

Muay Thai

Muay Thai has a long history in Thailand. Today, the Thai military uses a modified form of Muay Thai called Lerdrit. Traditional Muay Thai, as it is practiced today, varies slightly from the original art and uses kicks and punches in a ring with gloves similar to those used in Western boxing. Muay Thai is referred to as "The Science of Eight Limbs", as the hands, shins, elbows, and knees are all used extensively in this art. A master practitioner of Muay Thai thus has the ability to execute strikes using eight "points of contact," as opposed to "two points" (fists) in Western boxing and "four points" (fists, feet) used in the primarily sport-oriented forms of martial arts. Muay Thai is an especially versatile, brutal, straightforward martial art.

Jujitsu

Jujitsu is one of the most interesting forms of martial arts today. It is also one of the quickest growing fighting techniques. As many of you already may know Jujitsu is a grappling concentrated fighting style that is used to absolutely cripple your opponent. It is different than most of the other forms of martial arts in many ways which you will soon find out.
Jujitsu is not about power or strength. It's about using strength, power and more often momentum against them.

Silat

While the origin of Silat is relatively unknown, and the popularity of the martial art is still considered low, what is known is Silat was created by the Malay people in Southeast Asia. Used mainly as a war dance and a form of self defense, Silat practitioners are skilled strikers trained to maintain a strong stance while applying slow and subtle movements with unique dance-like qualities to trick opponents into believing Silat practitioners were ill-trained and hence, making mistakes that Silat practitioners can take advantage of.

Give Rep or Expertise is you want either way thank you for reading hope you enjoyed.

Disclaimer-This is not mine as it would take atleast a month to get all the information and such, I just thought I should upload on here for other people to see and learn ty,

http://www.fighttips.com/forum/gener...tial-arts.html Top Ten Most Famous Martial Arts

http://www.fighttips.com/forum/gener...tial-arts.html Top Ten Most Dangerous Martial Arts-Still undercontruction as alot of differnt opinions, but you can look.

Anyone wanna make me a singature if so pm me ty and please.

Last edited by FightForLife; 01-19-2011 at 04:41 PM.
FightForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Gave Expertise to FightForLife For This Fight Tip:
Old 01-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
All Hype

Default Re: Ten Most Dangerous Martial Arts

Boxing

With historical references since the period of ancient Greeks, boxing has been refined and retooled numerous times in the modern context. Boxing in the modern world now mainly follows the Marquees of Queensberry rules with rounds and a three-round knockout system. Boxing is strictly striking using gloved fists, with different stances and different methods of strikes involved. A strong knockout boxer, like world famous Muhammad Ali, famous for the catchphrase “Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee” could knock down an opponent and knock their lights out unconscious with a single punch.

With plenty of martial arts techniques around the globe, a martial artist is definitely spoiled for choice. While there will most definitely be debates with regards to the most dangerous martial arts technique known to man, a man who can incorporate several of the above martial arts styles and make it his own would indeed be one of the most dangerous man alive.

Boxing is not a Martial Art as far as I know may be wrong but I put on here cause it's very good for punchs etc, it's not INCLUDED WITH THE OTHERS! I added because its good.

http://www.fighttips.com/forum/gener...tial-arts.html Top Ten Most Famous Martial Arts

http://www.fighttips.com/forum/gener...tial-arts.html Top Ten Most Dangerous Martial Arts-Still undercontruction as alot of differnt opinions, but you can look.

Last edited by FightForLife; 01-19-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
HALL OF FAMER

Expertise Given: 3
Expertise Earned: 93
Fight Record: Score is irrelevant
Zenny: 10,514
Reputation: SpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

yay! tkd is recognized as dangerous. not that this really means anything; we all know its deadly.
btw, ive never heard of Kalarippayattu
Old 01-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
All Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
yay! tkd is recognized as dangerous. not that this really means anything; we all know its deadly.
btw, ive never heard of Kalarippayattu
Same I just seen it on martialinfo sounded cool and ya even though I dont do TKD it isn't often given the respect is deserves in my opinion

Old 01-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Force

Expertise Given: 18
Expertise Earned: 16
Fighting Style: Muay Thai
Fight Record: Unofficial: 15-1
Zenny: 544

I'm sorry but Capoeira and boxing should not be in there. Capoeira is ridiculously impractical. Boxing is "awesome for defense" ? Sorry but last I checked in boxing they don't teach you how to defend yourself against leg kicks or weapon attacks. I don't hear of many boxers dying from a right cross to the temple either.

Nothing is certain, except inevitable entropy and decay.

The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and where the other begins?

Freedom - Our identity is built upon how we are brought up to behave: find one thing attractive, another repellent, agree with one view, disagree with another. These mannerisms are the product of our social development. To be free is to lose one's identity, whether this is truly possible can't be known for certain.
mma4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
BOSS

Expertise Given: 22
Expertise Earned: 368
Fighting Style: South-East Asian
Zenny: 24,019
Reputation: Luther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but this sucks. And Silats on the list. AND IT STILL SUCKS!!!

Seriously. This is terrible.

-Luther

No Longer a FightTips Moderator; Retired. Please make another appointment with the receptionist on the way out.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
HALL OF FAMER

Reputation: SpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know much about most of the martial arts on the list, but i know why Capoeira is on there.

when it was first developed by slaves in the old americas (mainly in brazil), it was disguised as a dance form in order to hide it from the slave owners and overseers. you wouldn't want your slaves to be teaching each other how to fight back would you? (rhetorical question. slavery is wrong)
the fighting style, disguised as a tribal dance, used a lot of powerful, hidden kicks and other attacks with the feet and hands.
by hiding small blades in between their fingers and toes, the slaves could attack and slice the throat of their captors without them even realizing they were being attacked. they thought that these guys were just dancing.

so yes, Capoeira should be on this list. it is a very dangerous martial art, because it can be disguised as a dance, and was used how i described above. the ones being attacked probably didn't even know that they were about to die.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
BOSS

Expertise Given: 22
Expertise Earned: 368
Fighting Style: South-East Asian
Zenny: 24,019
Reputation: Luther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond repute

No. Wrong. It should have been on the list a century ago. Actually they are all sooo outdated minus Wing Chun, Silat, and Krav Maga (maybe combat Sambo).

This list is total total total crap, and I'm very tempted to go down this list with a paragraph for each. What happened to JJJ, Kali, Muay Boran/Thai. I mean, for Christ's sake: TKD?!

Stupid stupid stupid.

-Luther

No Longer a FightTips Moderator; Retired. Please make another appointment with the receptionist on the way out.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
HALL OF FAMER

even though Capoeira is old, and no body uses it for its original purpose any more(with the blades and shit), i still think that it should be counted as dangerous just because of its very bloody potential.

and tkd is dangerous too (not Olympic tkd duhh, that stuff is gay), but it just has to be used right. then again, all martial arts could be counted in if we go by that standard...

EDIT: oh well. i guess having a list of "dangerous" martial arts was a bad idea to start with. now everyone will argue about this if they read it.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Imy
Force

Expertise Given: 2
Expertise Earned: 7
Fighting Style: Ninjutsu (Bujinkan), Karate (Wado-ryu and Shotokan), Capoiera, Kickboxing, JKD (sort of), MMA, Boxin
Fight Record: 1 - 0 Boxing
Zenny: 2,730

Thumbs up Re: Ten Most Dangerous Martial Arts

Karate, Capoeira, Ninjutsu, Boxing..... Damn if i did anymore on this list i would need 24 hour serveillance I think this is pretty cool - most people forget that these things all had things that worked thats why they're still around. Some of the more well known ones that should be here are Muay Thai and Jujitsu. Both were used in wars. Also Kendo and Shaolin Kung Fu. Before anyone complains the Shaolin temples were burned down because of the threat they possesed.

Time to kick some names, and take some ass
Imy is offline   Reply With Quote