Fight Tips » Street fighting » How to Street Fight » Faster/Smaller Opponents?

Notices

Faster/Smaller Opponents?

How to Street Fight

All about it. Your personal stories, strategies, questions.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Champion

Expertise Given: 91
Expertise Earned: 11
Fighting Style: Muay Thai, karate, wrestling ,and Kickboxing,
Fight Record: 8-2-2 official 12-4 unofficial
Zenny: 1,418

Default Faster/Smaller Opponents?

So, of course. Theirs this kid at my school that always tries to fight me for some reason... Hes short and he has ADHD.

So the problem is this guy is very fast when it comes to striking.
I was trying to keep up with him the other day and I just couldn't.

The dudes ADHD makes him much faster. So every time I try to get a hit on him, I cant because he would already have his fist up in the air hurling towards me.

Any tips on trying to avoid all of it and wait to strike or anything?

Basically how do you fight faster and smaller opponents?

(Edit: He kinda just goes all out. Like he will be punching me in the chest one second and then in the stomach the other.)
United we stand, divided we fall

Best of the Best

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
~ Joe Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL_FIGHTER View Post
Knee anyway and pretend you had no idea it was illegal
Легендарный Боец

传说进化

My Record: 20-6-2 Overall

Last edited by FighterBoi2; 04-22-2010 at 12:03 AM.
FighterBoi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Poindexter

Expertise Given: 1
Expertise Earned: 4
Fighting Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, Tae Kwon Do
Zenny: 1,306

Default Re: Faster/Smaller Opponents?

Well you say he goes all out right? Why not try grappling him and then taking him to the ground? Just my opinion. I'm pretty short and there aren't much people that are shorter than me where I live. I'm 5'6".
midori1o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Legend

Expertise Given: 8
Expertise Earned: 81
Fighting Style: There has never been a time where brain has not won over brawn.
Fight Record: Everyone lies on this except for like 5 people. I am onto you other people!
Zenny: 1,254
Reputation: Hesbehindthedoor has a reputation beyond reputeHesbehindthedoor has a reputation beyond repute

If he is punching you in the stomach(I am assuming he doesn't guard his face) then his arms are down, proceed to beat in his face. Second ADHD does not make you faster. Also judging by the "Muay Thai, karate, Kick boxing" part of your styles it would be pretty safe to assume you hit a hell of a lot harder. F=MA, bigger person more mass chances are because his arms have less distance to travel to be fully extended it just appears to be faster. So probably just do this fool prove method of fighting. A right, a left and kick to fucking head.
"I am the Flail of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan
"Serving my community is one of the main reason I do what I do. Some feed the homeless, others work with veterans. I teach women how to castrate and kill."
Hesbehindthedoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hero

Expertise Given: 46
Expertise Earned: 58
Fighting Style: some TKD
Fight Record: Never really been in any
Zenny: 2,353

yea take him to the ground (since u wrestle) or punch him once in the face and use karate to kick his face in

It's only impossible if you think it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinStripes13 View Post
You have 1 week for every six months you were together. After that, you better be back to mackin' on bitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGenius View Post
Also, if you're gonna quote me, wait till I say something badass atleast
T1b0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
HALL OF FAMER

Expertise Given: 54
Expertise Earned: 108
Fighting Style: Currently: MMA, Muay Thai and BJJ
Zenny: 1,684
Reputation: Peter has a reputation beyond reputePeter has a reputation beyond repute

I think this question has been asked before, and SOUL (I think) answered it very well.. Can't remember what the answer is.

Dive into the atheistic water with me. The water's cold, but refreshing.

Like a pig in a cage on antibiotics

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Force

Expertise Given: 18
Expertise Earned: 16
Fighting Style: Muay Thai
Fight Record: Unofficial: 15-1
Zenny: 551

Yeah if i were you i'd try to grab them and get into a clinch, or just try to stay close to him and hopefully he wont be able to dodge or block it in time.

Nothing is certain, except inevitable entropy and decay.

The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and where the other begins?

Freedom - Our identity is built upon how we are brought up to behave: find one thing attractive, another repellent, agree with one view, disagree with another. These mannerisms are the product of our social development. To be free is to lose one's identity, whether this is truly possible can't be known for certain.
mma4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Champion

Expertise Given: 91
Expertise Earned: 11
Fighting Style: Muay Thai, karate, wrestling ,and Kickboxing,
Fight Record: 8-2-2 official 12-4 unofficial
Zenny: 1,418

You guys have been helpful thanks!
United we stand, divided we fall

Best of the Best

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
~ Joe Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL_FIGHTER View Post
Knee anyway and pretend you had no idea it was illegal
Легендарный Боец

传说进化

My Record: 20-6-2 Overall

FighterBoi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
HALL OF FAMER

Expertise Given: 10
Expertise Earned: 163
Fighting Style: Greatness
Fight Record: 1-0 Semi-pro boxing, 0-5 World stage kickboxing, 7-0 (MT&Boxing/FC) Interclubs/smokers
Zenny: 10,976
Reputation: TheGenius has a reputation beyond reputeTheGenius has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I have AD/HD aswell, and I relie on speed for my counters, but I hardly think they're connected (AD/HD and handspeed and movment speed that is)... I mean, frankly that's not how AD/HD works, he's probebly just got a high amount of fast twitch muscle fibers in him like most explosive athletes, that combines with what seems like an excesive use of energy and uncontrolness(that's right, I made it a word, sue me =P) just give him the aperence of being really really fast, where as he's probebly just normal fast and all over the place in realty

Best way to deal with hyperactive kids is to pot shot them to the jaw, you'll probebly take 2-4 shots doing it, but trust me, the way you describe the kid, he can't hurt anyone fighting like that so no worries, it'll be worth it ( I have no idea what kind of "fight" you're refering to btw, so I'm talking in general)

Just ask if you need help. After all, I am a FightTips MOD and a Genius
My videos: http://www.fighttips.com/forum/video...ollection.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther View Post
I don't think it is too much to say you could very well be the best fighter on the site, Genius.

-Luther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
And this is why you WILL be the champ some day, Mads!

-Shane
Okey, I had to put this up aswell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokey View Post
I have been doing taekwondo for about 4 weeks and ive learned this move called the low kick.
TheGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
All Hype

Expertise Given: 0
Expertise Earned: 4
Fighting Style: Pankration / Muay Thai
Fight Record: Dont Record
Zenny: 1,439

hit him in the shoulders if you wanna slow him down the more hits the less oxygen/blood runs to his arms or you can do as everyone else said take his ass the ground

both are effective
Old 05-02-2010, 03:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gatekeeper

Expertise Given: 25
Expertise Earned: 33
Fighting Style: Street, Karate, and some sort of Okinawan karate
Fight Record: 14 wins, 2 loss, 3 ties
Zenny: 1,929

His ADHD doesn't make him faster. But it does makes him more energetic, and I personally believe that it has a mental effect in a fight, disjointing his thought patterns so he moves in unexpected, creative ways at the same time. But I can't prove the second part of that- it's just a theory of mine.

The energy is a fact. There is ADD, Attention Deficit Disorder (which I have), and ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. The only difference is that people with ADHD have alot of energy. They fidget, and rush around. Combine this with a lack of attention in daily activities, and you get both a bad student in school and someone who is utterly unpredictable. Since he has ADHD (and correct me on this, for I may be wrong) since birth and is a small person, he may have grown using mainly fast-twitch muscles in every activity, which gives him extremely quick mental reaction time and hand speed.

The flip side of this is that, as a small, energetic person, he is not particularly strong. Since he is smaller and quicker, he can hit you more often than you can hit him. But he won't be able to hit very hard. It's the same difference between being fast and being strong in fighting. If your too weak your punches won't do too much damage. If you are stronger but slow you won't hit often, but when you do the hits will be devastating in comparison.

Your best chance is to dodge the biggest incoming attacks (stomach shots, head shots, kicks, etc) and try to ignore the body-mass hits (chest, back, hips). His punches are lighter and weaker; against your superior weight they will have no real effect. But a major impact in the stomach or head, despite being light and weak, will inflict serious damage. Wait for an opening, or if you can't, press forward. Against a smaller opponent you will most likely be hit- it's up to you how many times and where for the most part. So you must think very fast. Can you take the punches if it means gaining ground? Because if you can, you can maneuver him into a corner or some other place where his mobility is compromised. Once he can't dodge or run, make large, heavy shots to where he can't block them. IE, kicks and elbows to his center of mass. If you hit low enough that he can't duck, a kick or elbow can utterly crush his defense.

Good luck
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway." Anonymous

"I'd rather believe in god, and find out he's not real when I die, than not believe in him at all in my life, and find out he is." -Ruff2tuff123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther View Post
They come and they go.....just like men! Highfive! No?
Deadlyfighter is offline   Reply With Quote