Fight Tips » Street fighting » How to Street Fight » What does it feel like to be knocked out? and what scientificly happens?

Notices

What does it feel like to be knocked out? and what scientificly happens?

How to Street Fight

All about it. Your personal stories, strategies, questions.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
All Hype

Expertise Given: 0
Expertise Earned: 0
Fighting Style: Boxing
Fight Record: Nothing Official Yet
Zenny: 971

Default What does it feel like to be knocked out? and what scientificly happens?

Be Specific Please

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.

-Muhammad Ali
BoxerPopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Female Mads

Expertise Given: 19
Expertise Earned: 29
Fighting Style: Boxing,Judo,Shotokan and MMA.
Zenny: 1,968

Default Re: What does it feel like to be knocked out? and what scientificly happens?

I dont know what scientificly happens,I think that might be a Jon question.
Its just like waking up from if you have been asleep except your head hurts like its being stamped on over and over. Ive been knocked out 3 times(none of which were due to fighting) and after about 10 minutes the headache goes away. Its like a sharp shooting pain but its constant.
Newguy is always pretty inactive in these games, and is very seldom helpful to the innocent team whether he is a killer or not, hes like a cat....comes and goes as he pleases, and when he is here he just lazes around and licks his own balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
To the government agent reading this, fight tips does not plan to blow anything up. And we do not condone any sort of terrorism. Especially not the kind that can have me put in jail. Please don't put me on your watch list; I'm a suburban white kid, so I'm no harm to anyone. Thank you.
Madden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Prospect

Expertise Given: 5
Expertise Earned: 7
Fighting Style: MMA
Fight Record: 2-1 unofficial
Zenny: 1,352

Default Re: What does it feel like to be knocked out? and what scientificly happens?

"The brain in the head suspended in a kind of fluid. From the brain and through this fluid run many blood vessels and other things besides. When the head is violently struck, the brain is accelerated and moves a few millimetres. This causes delicate blood vessels to stretch slightly causing them to swell and contract.

The brain is the only part of your body that has a constant supply of blood. In a knock out the brain turns off some of its functions in order to prevent further disruption to its blood supply. Its a kind of protective mechanism for the organ.

Reduced blood supply even for short periods of time can cause brain damage. Blood chokes in ju-jitsu for example, can cause oxygen deficits in parts of the brain and eventually cause brain damage. However ju jitsu players dont make a habit of getting choked out. A more ready example of brain damage due to blood chokes can be found amongst those that practice asphixia as a sexual act. It is when a couple/group have sex whilst some/all of the members are being choked or suffocated to or just before the point they lose consciousness.

Little is understood about how the brain operates with regards to healing but it is widely agreed that the brain is too complex to heal itself in most parts although some areas have demonstrated ability to regenerate.

If you are ever knocked out a proper medical investigation has to be carried out to determine the extent of the damage. Concussion is usually accompanied by other brain damage. It is imperative that the brain is not irritated for an extended period of time after an injury otherwise their is the high risk of accumulating brain injury.

It is said the most common cause of brain damage in boxing isn't the knock out but the receiving of many smaller blows for an extended period of time.

Now, I've heard of another type of knock out which is kind of synonymous to fainting which occurs when there is a large nervous stimulation. For example, if you have ever been operated on without general anaesthetic you might have fainted due to this effect. Or reportedly being kicked in the testicles can cause loss of consciousness.
Such a point is supposed to exist under the jaw joint. Hitting the jaw where it joins the skull is suppose to pinch a large nerve centre which is so excrutiating that the subject losses consciousness but I have not seen demonstration of this.

Knockout is most commonly caused by striking the jaw because it acts as a mechanical joint hinged on the neck that multiples the force applied to it on the brain by rotating the head and suddenly stopping" - found this on the internet.

In my experience when you get knocked out you start off just standing there seeing your opponent then bang everything goes black (I could not remember being hit or even the fist going towards me). You get a real intense pain in your head, to me it feels like an electric shock going all around your brain. When I came round I had no idea where I was and couldn't understand what anyone was saying to me for a few minutes. Then I sort of snapped back to reality. I had a migraine for a few days after, so yeah getting knocked out sucks obviously.
TheOneBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Gave Expertise to TheOneBomb For This Fight Tip:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Imy
Force

Expertise Given: 2
Expertise Earned: 7
Fighting Style: Ninjutsu (Bujinkan), Karate (Wado-ryu and Shotokan), Capoiera, Kickboxing, JKD (sort of), MMA, Boxin
Fight Record: 1 - 0 Boxing
Zenny: 2,767

More or less the above. I've never been KO'd but the reason is to switch off any unnecessary parts of the body and keep the criticals going (i.e. brain and heart). The closest i've got to being KO'd is from an RNC - ididnt switch off but i think i was close because my whole body had pins and needles.

Time to kick some names, and take some ass
Imy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
BOSS

Expertise Given: 22
Expertise Earned: 369
Fighting Style: South-East Asian
Zenny: 24,688
Reputation: Luther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond reputeLuther has a reputation beyond repute

Its like waking up from a loooong nap during which a midget hit you in the head with a bat repeatedly.

-Luther

No Longer a FightTips Moderator; Retired. Please make another appointment with the receptionist on the way out.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Prospect

Expertise Given: 4
Expertise Earned: 3
Fighting Style: krav maga, BJJ, MMA
Fight Record: 10-1-1 unofficial
Zenny: 1,022

well i was almost blacked out it felt as though i was on a fluffy cloud and my body was trying to force itself onto my back and fall asleep and my eyes where blurry and things got a bit dark you hearing goes if you don't focus on what peaple are saying

i know that when you do get knocked out your heart has its own pacemaker and keeps pumping blood and your lungs keep air circulating into and out your body so over time you will wake up
9artsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gatekeeper

Expertise Given: 13
Expertise Earned: 12
Fighting Style: Muay Thai,Wrestling with incorporated BJJ
Fight Record: HS Wrestling: 35-5 Street: 8-0
Zenny: 854

Its like waking up after a hangover your head hurts and it feels like you got your head slammed through a wall like in Pineapple Express.
You get Luther "Expert!". Its like all the other Expert, but slightly better and eats all the food in your refrigerator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akosta View Post
you just used a TKD video to show us how to punch...
Nigdnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
HALL OF FAMER

Expertise Given: 25
Expertise Earned: 68
Fighting Style: Buddhist Monk
Fight Record: Fisticuffs is for the unenlightened
Zenny: 1,327
Reputation: samuraiprotocol has a reputation beyond reputesamuraiprotocol has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldn't know its never happened to me yet
Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
All Hype

Expertise Given: 8
Expertise Earned: 0
Fighting Style: TKD, MMA, learning Muay Thai and BJJ
Fight Record: I dont keep track, I just enjoy the competition.
Zenny: 817

I've been clocked pretty damn hard, but I haven't been knocked out yet. This is really good info, now I know what to expect when it does happen.

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I have no fear, because I'm the meanest motherf*cker in the entire valley." Gen George S. Patton

"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...my fist hits all by itself." Bruce Lee
KAFREAKINBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
HALL OF FAMER

Expertise Given: 10
Expertise Earned: 163
Fighting Style: Greatness
Fight Record: 1-0 Semi-pro boxing, 0-5 World stage kickboxing, 7-0 (MT&Boxing/FC) Interclubs/smokers
Zenny: 11,325
Reputation: TheGenius has a reputation beyond reputeTheGenius has a reputation beyond repute

I dont get knocked out. sorry.

Just ask if you need help. After all, I am a FightTips MOD and a Genius
My videos: http://www.fighttips.com/forum/video...ollection.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther View Post
I don't think it is too much to say you could very well be the best fighter on the site, Genius.

-Luther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
And this is why you WILL be the champ some day, Mads!

-Shane
Okey, I had to put this up aswell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokey View Post
I have been doing taekwondo for about 4 weeks and ive learned this move called the low kick.
TheGenius is offline   Reply With Quote